What Do You Know About Microbes? (pre-assessment)
It is important that students always think about safety when conducting a science investigation, and this slide may be used to review safety with your class before starting the activity. Also, keep the following points in mind.
- Always follow your district and school safety guidelines.
- Have a clear understanding of the investigation in advance (practice any investigation with which you are not familiar).
- Make sure appropriate safety equipment, such as safety goggles, is available.
- Continually monitor the area where the investigation is being conducted.
Glo Germ™ powder is nontoxic. However, it should not be ingested. Safety goggles should be worn by all students. Have students wash hands with soap and water after handling Glo Germ™ powder.
- Moreno, N., Tharp, B., Erdmann, D., Rahmati Clayton, S., Denk, J. (2008). The Science of Microbes Teacher’s Guide. Houston, TX: BioEd.
Your slide tray is being processed.
Funded by the following grant(s)
Grant Number: 5R25RR018605