The Cinnamon Challenge
The “Cinnamon Challenge” demonstrates the power of social media to spread a cultural phenomenon quickly among teenagers, and even politicians, comedians, NBA players, and the MythBusters TV program. The Challenge also illustrates the remarkable willingness of people to accept entirely avoidable risk, even though there is no apparent benefit.
- The Associated Press. Gov. Quinn Takes Cinnamon Challenge. Retrieved 05-07-2013, from http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2012/02/04/gov-quinn-takes-cinnamon-challenge/.
- YouTube User: glozell1 (January 2012). The Cinnamon Challenge … by GloZell and Her Big Behind Earrings. Retrieved 05-07-2013, from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cyk7utV_D2I.
- YouTube User: FordProductionFilms (November 2011). The Nick & Javale Show – NBA Players form the Washington Wizards try a crazy challenge .. Hilarious. Retrieved 05-07-2013, from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAVgmlmsTAI.
- MythBusters. Mailbag Special: May 20, 2012. Discovery Channel. Retrieved 05-07-2013, from http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/videos/mailbag-special.htm.
- Ground cinnamon with measuring spoon (2012). Wikimedia Commons User: TheDeliciousLife. Licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic. Retrieved 05-03-2013 from http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Ground_cinnamon.jpg
Your slide tray is being processed.